The Fourth of July is the time to celebrate our great country’s birthday; according to ABC News five people were killed and 9,100 were injured from fireworks alone in 2018. Here are some safety tips to help you enjoy your holiday.
Fourth of July Safety Tips:
- It is always much safer to light fireworks in an open space, away from debris and trees.
- Always have water nearby in case of an emergency or accident.
- Wear glasses and gloves to protect your eyes and hands from exposing sparks or bright, unexpected lights.
- After use for your festivities, soak your used and unused fireworks in a bucket of water.
- Never light fireworks impaired or under the influence.
- Always supervise children when lighting fireworks and (especially) sparklers.
- Do not point fireworks at one another.
- Do not relight malfunctioning fireworks.
- Do not light fireworks in containers of any kind.
- Keep children away from the grill.
Pets are not always keen on bright lights and loud noises! Keep them in a specific area and check on them at certain times.
At Ozark Hills Insurance, we care about the communities we serve. Please share this list so everyone can enjoy a safe and exciting holiday.